Committee roles and responsibilities: The Fundraising Committee supports the Executive Director primarily in raising funds for the organization. Committee members will help to plan and run fundraising events for the organization, as well as help in annual fundraising campaigns including a year-end mailing. Members with the expertise to do so may be asked to assist with writing grant applications, or reviewing grant applications. Members should be comfortable advocating for the organization.
- Fundraising events and fundraising campaigns
- Grant opportunities – research and possible assistance in writing
- Cultivating new individual donors and new corporate sponsors
- Event Planning Skills
- Good People Skills
- Ability to Advocate for the Company
- Interest in being a working committee
- Grant writing skills
Chair: Anna Roberts Ostroff
Current members: Lena Moy-Borgen, Anna Roberts Ostroff (Committee Chair), Jessie Kilguss, Julie DeVito, Katya Ciperski and Leslie St. Jour
Meeting schedule: Quarterly meetings – either conference calls or in person, but need to meet regularly face-to-face to build the team. Meetings will be more often when planning for an upcoming event.